Michigan Hospital Resources

Karmanos Cancer Institute- Detroit, MI
4100 John R Street
Detroit, MI 48201
Patient Information: (800) 527-6266

Karmanos Cancer Institute at McLaren Oakland
43097 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Township, MI 48309
Patient Information: (248) 334-0050


Rogel Cancer Center- University of MI
1500 E. Medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Patient Information: (800) 865-1125

Karmanos Cancer Institute at McLaren Flint
4100 Beecher Road
Flint, MI 48532
Patient Information: (810) 342-3800

Henry Ford Cancer Institute Macomb Hospital
15855 19 Mile Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038
Patient Information: (586) 263-2230

Henry Ford Main Detroit
2799 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
Patient information: (313) 916-2600


Beaumont Rose Cancer Center
3577 West 13 Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073
Craig Stevens: Chair of Radiation Oncology
Patient Information: (248) 551-1339

Mercy Health Lacks Cancer Center
250 Cherry St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Patient Information: (616) 685-5600


Spectrum Health Lemmen- Holton Cancer Pavilion
145 Michigan St. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Patient Information: (855) 742-2623

Genesys Hurley Cancer Institute
302 Kensington Ave.
Flint, MI 48503
Patient Information: (810) 762-8226



Cancer Support Groups

If you are concerned about asbestos exposure or a personal injury, take advantage of the following resources.

Brigham and Women’s Hospital Mesothelioma Orientation Group:

This is an in-person support group for patients who have just been diagnosed with mesothelioma. The group is led by doctors, social workers, chaplain staff, and researchers.

CancerCare is an organization that provides various support services to cancer patients and their caregivers, including in-person support. While they operate out of New York, they can also help you find face-to-face support in your area.

Cancer Support Community
This non-profit organization provides patients and their loved ones with care information and a support network. They have over 170 locations nationwide and tailor support to your needs, whether it be in-person, online, or over the phone.



Centers for the Treatment of Mesothelioma Cancer

Arizona Cancer Center
1515 North Campbell Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85724
Patient Information: (800) 622-COPE or (520) 626-6044

Karmanos Cancer Institute
4100 John R
Detroit, Michigan 48201
Patient Information: 1 (800) KARMANOS (527-6266)
Questions and Comments:


Beaumont Hospital Rose Cancer Center
3577 W. 13 Mile Rd.
Royal Oak, MI, 48073
Patient Information: (248) 551-8588

Brigham & Womans Hospital's
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115
Patient Information: (617) 732-5500 or (617) 732-6458 TTY/TTD


H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
University of South Florida
12902 Magnolia Drive
Tampa, Florida 33612
Patient Information: (888) MOFFITT or (888) 663-3488

Johns Hopkins Hospital
401 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
Patient Information: (410) 502-1033


Josephine Ford Cancer Center Downriver
19675 Allen Rd.
Brownstown, MI 48183
Patient Information: 1-800-HENRYFORD (436-7936)

Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
200 First Street
SW Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Patient Information: (507) 284-2111


M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030
Patient Information: (800) 392-1611 or (713) 792-6161

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Patient Information: (800) 525-2225 or (212) 639-2000


The Mount Sinai Medical Center
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029-6574
Patient Information: (212) 241-6500



The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)

OSHA is responsible for safety and health regulations in the workplace. The administration has developed rules concerning workplace asbestos exposure. The Mine Safety and Health Administration has also established additional laws. Employees should follow safety procedures and always use protective equipment on the job.

If you are concerned about asbestos exposure, talk with your employer, other employees and your health and safety representative. OSHA can also come out to your workplace for an inspection. Regional offices of OSHA are listed in the "United States Government" section of a telephone directory’s blue pages (under "Department of Labor"). Regional offices can also be found here.

If you would like to learn more about asbestos, the OSHA asbestos page provides information about asbestos exposure, its hazards and OSHA standards. OSHA’s national office can be contacted at:

Office of Public Affairs

Occupational Safety and Health Administration
U.S. Department of Labor
Room N–3649
200 Constitution Avenue, NW.
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: (202) 693-1999 or 1 (800) 321-OSHA (6742)
TTY (for deaf or hard of hearing callers): (877) 889-5627


Mine Safety and Health Administration

U.S. Department of Labor
21st Floor
1100 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22209
Telephone: (202) 693-9400 or 1 (800) 746-1554



The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)

NIOSH also deals with occupational asbestos exposure. NIOSH evaluates work sites for possible health hazards; conducts asbestos-related research; and makes exposure control recommendations. In addition, NIOSH supplies publications on the harmful side effects of asbestos. NIOSH can be contacted at:

Education and Information Division
Information Resources Branch
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Robert A. Taft Laboratories
4676 Columbia Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45226
Telephone: 1 (800) 356-4674 (1-800-35-NIOSH)




If you have an asbestos-induced disease, you may be able to receive Medicare. More information can be found at Medicare's Regional Offices in 10 prominent cities across the country. To locate an office, visit

Call 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE) or visit for more general information.

Those suffering from asbestos-related conditions as a result of workplace exposure may be eligible for financial assistance. Requirements vary by state, so workers should contact their state's workers' compensation board. Go to for contact information of your state's workers' compensation officials.

If you were exposed during your job with a federal agency, compensation may be covered by the Federal Employees' Compensation Program. This allows benefits to civilian employees for workplace related illnesses and injuries. Benefits may include payment for medical bills, wage replacement and rehabilitation assistance if needed. If the worker passes away, his or her dependents may receive benefits.



The Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Program

This organization also offers benefits to maritime workers, harbor workers and longshoremen. More information is available from:

Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs
Employment Standards Administration
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW.
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: 1-866-692-7487 (1-866-OWCPIVR)
202-693-0040 (Federal Employees’ Compensation Program)
202-693-0038 (Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Program)


Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center

Veterans should contact the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center to see if they are eligible for health care.

Call 1-877-222-8387 (1-877-222-VETS) or visit for more information about benefits.


The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)

The ATSDR evaluates the side effects of harmful substances. The ATSDR offers asbestos information and how to find environmental and occupational health clinics. The ATSDR can be contacted at:

Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
1825 Century Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30345
Telephone: 1-800-232-4636 (1-800-CDC-INFO)
TTY: 1-888-232-6348



The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

The EPA controls asbestos exposure in the environment, tap water and buildings. The EPA offers a Toxic Substances Control Act Hotline and an Asbestos Ombudsman. The hotline offers technical assistance and information regarding certain asbestos programs. The Asbestos Ombudsman focuses on schools and deals with complaints and inquiries. The hotline and ombudsman can offer various publications on controlling asbestos. Visit for a list of asbestos contacts. For more information on asbestos, visit

Questions may be directed to:

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
EPA West Building
National Program Chemicals Division
Mail Code 7404T
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
Washington, DC 20460
TSCA Hotline: 202-554-1404
TTY: 202-554-0551
Asbestos Ombudsman: 1-800-368-5888

To read the brochure "Current Best Practices for Preventing Asbestos Exposure Among Brake and Clutch Repair Workers", visit

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) shields the public from the unnecessary risk of injury or death from thousands of consumer products, including asbestos. The CPSC has a toll-free hotline where people can get product safety information and report dangerous products.

The CPSC also offers guidelines for removing asbestos. CPSC can be contacted at:

Office of Information and Public Affairs
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
4330 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814
Telephone: 1-800-638-2772
TTY: 1-800-638-8270

Individuals can also contact their local or state health department with questions or concerns about asbestos.

For more information about cancer, call the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) Cancer Information Service (CIS) at 1-800-4CANCER (1-800-422-6237) or visit

For information about quitting smoking, including smoking cessation counseling, call the NCI’s Smoking Quitline toll-free at 1-800-44UQUIT (1-800-448-7848) or visit



“I can never express my gratitude to Mike Serling and all of his associates for the long and hard work they did for me."
Ray R

Help Starts Here

TOLL FREE (800) 995-6991