Asbestos was in high demand in shipyards across the U.S. (particularly in the military) because it was a good insulator, was fire resistant and non-corrosive, thermally inert, very cheap, and it was easy to install. Heat control, rust prevention, and fire protection were of great concern for shipbuilders, and asbestos happened to solve these.
As a result, shipbuilders used millions of tons of asbestos products to construct ships, including:
- Flooring panels and ceiling tiles meant to dampen acoustics
- Insulation to serve as fire protection and to protect against extreme temperatures in engine rooms, boiler rooms, galleys, hallways, and living quarters
- Asbestos-containing curtains and bedding
- In and around furnaces and incinerators
- In pipe wrapping, sealants, and gaskets
Our asbestos attorneys were the first and are the finest in Michigan asbestos litigation, with over 50 years of experience in the field. Having a great asbestos attorney in your corner is essential to getting the justice and compensation you deserve.
Benefits of Hiring an Asbestos Attorney
Asbestos-related cases are often very complex, involving both legal and medical issues. A skilled asbestos attorney will know how to represent you in such a case. They will be able to:
- Provide legal advice that is appropriate for your situation
- Determine if you have a viable claim and discuss what must be proven to recover compensation
- Tell you the types of compensation you may be able to recover and any time limits there may be for pursuing compensation
- Prove familiarity with filing requirements, procedural requirements, and other important aspects of the legal process
- Devote extensive resources to defend your claim, helping identify and compile all relevant and helpful information
- Provide experience with what a fair settlement offer should be if your case is settled before going to trial
- Help by filing required documents and making appearances in court or at settlement negotiations on your behalf so you can focus on fighting the disease
At Serling & Abramson, we can provide you with all of these things and more. We are dedicated to securing justice for all victims affected by asbestos exposure and have been doing so since 1970. We have built an incredibly strong relationship with the many trade unions throughout the state of Michigan and beyond. Since the 1970s, we have acquired vast experience in asbestos litigation against major at-fault corporations, making us the go-to firm for all asbestos cases in Michigan. We are the First and Finest in Michigan. We work hard to see that justice is served on behalf of our clients.
As Eric Abramson has stated, “Even though we cannot restore our clients' health or their lives, we can bring some measure of comfort and justice to them and their families.” Would you let us do so for you? Fill out the form to get the conversation started.